This section covers Frequently Asked Questions, click on the questions below for information.
General - FAQ
The pattern for the version number used is X.Y.Z.[CX].
- X is the Major version which usually means major changes to the App, like extensive features or large behind the scenes refactoring.
- Y is the Minor version used for lesser features and/or improvements.
- Z is used for bug fixes and trivial changes, like interface tweaks, small content adds and what not.
These can be found here:
Advertisement - FAQ
Most of the free apps now only use the notification Ads which means if you opt out from them you will get a completely Ad-free experience, which is indeed very good for you as a user.
But first consider the effort put down to grant you as a user the application you are using, is it not worth getting one Ad per day?
The reason for the Ads is not to annoy you, it is for supporting future development, so please consider this.
Gnejs Development does understand that these Ads can be annoying, that's why we have put a lot of effort in making people aware that we use them, and how to disable them since they really should be optional.
If everyone does opt-out from these Ads then the model of releasing fully featured free apps with these kind of Ads will become obsolete and has to be replaced by other Ads, limited features and bought versions.
We at Gnejs Development think that these apps are best when they are free and fully featured and would like to see it continue this way!
There are several reasons behind the usage of notification Ads.
- We prefer them over regular banner Ads since they do no occupy any space within the application; which also means they do not make the application look worse.
- The regular banner Ads did not monetize very well, over a time span of several months the total revenue was around $5. There we made the decision to skip regular Ads and only use notification Ads. The negativity created by the 'in application Ads' were not worth the money so to say.
- Notification Ads are Optional, which the should be considering that they are rather invasive. But in conjunction when not using the regular banner Ads this means the Free applications are completely Ad free if the user opts out from notification Ads, which is something we consider to be valuable for the user experience.
We cannot control what Ads are published to your phone, it is control by the Ad company.
So don't be angry at us if you got some annoying Ad, it is like blaming a Webpage for an Ad when the Ad is chosen and provided by Google's Ad system.
If you receive an Ad that is inappropriate or malicious send us an e-mail with the Ad's text so that we can forward it to the Ad provider for investigation/removal.
These can be found here:
Feedback - FAQ
It is always fun to know what people are thinking, if you think your idea is worth sharing send us an email describing it.
The idea could be another application, soundboard or just a small feature to an existing application.
The chances that an entire application is developed from scratch is rather slim unless the application is very simple, but features that seem useful for existing applications are more than welcome!
If you are having trouble with the application please send an email and try to explain as much as possible so that we might be able to solve it!
Some crash reports are sent via Googles services and some errors are handled by our internal error handler which will compose a error report if you accept the popup asking you to send the error report.
Soundboard - FAQ
Send an email to us and we will try our best to add it, if its only a single sound then it might not be a high priority since making a new release version for just a few sounds is rather cumbersome.
Still don't hesitate to email about it!
Long press on the sound button and a menu will be shown, there you can choose how you want to use the sound.
As stated in the help menu of the App, uninstalled soundboards are still counted towards the maximum soundboard cap.
Otherwise the cap could be circumvented by uninstalling and reinstalling Soundboards.
The "Token" is a free virtual currency which can be used to remove Ads, increase Soundboard limit and use sounds.
You can get more Tokens for free in the store where you also use them.
You should not 'need' tokens unless you are using many soundboards. Then you can instead use them to decrease Ads.
Market Problems - FAQ
If you are unable to install the application from the Android Market then the problem is most likely with Android Market or the device you are trying to install to.
Some problems may be resolve by rebooting the phone and trying again.
Sometimes there is a temporary problem with the market, trying again after some time can many times resolve the issue.
If you get an error similar to "could not be loaded on USB or SD card" then it is probably due to incorrect/corrupted temporary files from the Market.
A possible solution for this to first unmount your SD Card and then attempt to download the App from the market again while the SD Card is still unmounted, after it succeeds remount the SD Card.